Progress for definition
I began working to brainstorm. I found definitions, synonyms, and antonyms for each of the 20 keywords, so that I could diverge more.
I scribbled the expansion on top of existing images of each word to make it easier and non repetitive.
I tried not to worry at all and kind of just visualise whatever came to mind and scribble it down or draw a quick sketch. Then I began to consider why I was using a certain material.
I had much more fun making images this time – I tried to keep in mind that I was diverging – so I let myself free in going super far or very close. I began to just make what comes to mind.
There was also a sense of diversification of use of materials – silver, cutting, string, white foam, and manicure.
I ended up making 30 images, I would’ve liked to make more, but I needed at least three hours of sleep… Either way, I quite liked the images I made this time. I enjoyed making all of them too! My art project got to be painted with manicure, and I used my gel nail drying machine to dry it.
These were the results:
I particularly liked the 3D models:
After the critique
Today, we looked at each other’s images, which were a lot more diversified than last time, as was mine.
Now, I didn’t really get that this part was about just the process of making a whole bunch of things, that I kept thinking about what is a good image. The discussion really helped me to digest that I don’t need to determine this already, or even have the ability to. Therefore, I just decided to keep making.