TypeI: ProjectII: Photography

Then I tried different ways to take photos of this image. I tried the photo studio, I took 76  images, but found out that the lighting was too yellow and also the lighting wasn’t working. I tried so many angles to see if there would be anything good, but I didn’t get much.

background_4 background_5 background_6

 

This is some results from the photo studio:

This is with the flash…

screen-shot-2016-10-12-at-7-12-42-amscreen-shot-2016-10-12-at-7-13-44-am

I tried it on manual, but realized I didn’t know how to play around with the camera:

screen-shot-2016-10-12-at-7-13-23-am

This is me trying with the side lights, without the side lights, with a main light, with two main lights, with only side lights, with only main lights:

screen-shot-2016-10-12-at-7-13-10-amscreen-shot-2016-10-12-at-7-14-49-am screen-shot-2016-10-12-at-7-13-34-amscreen-shot-2016-10-12-at-7-14-08-am screen-shot-2016-10-12-at-7-14-16-amscreen-shot-2016-10-12-at-7-14-35-am

This is an example of my trying inside with natural light:

screen-shot-2016-10-12-at-7-15-02-am

This is an example of my trying outside, but in shade, I saw that the trees were making this random shadow, but I was just trying to see how it looked.

two

And this is the one I chose, which was under direct sunlight:

woop

Leaves wanted to be in the picture, so I had to flip this as well: the wind was blowing a lot this day, so we had to hold the board.

three

I debated between small detailed at this point, between the shadow looked, whether it was sharper or not, darker, and in what slightly different directions.

layer-0

This is the one I chose to present:

one

This is a comparison from the last time to this time. Lesson learned: Lighting makes a huge difference.

background1

During this critique, I was told that I was done, but I wanted to take care of some fine details.

I asked opinions whether the image should be cropped from the top or not, and both Leland and Law gave me opposing opinions. I chose to keep it uncropped, because there was an issue of the ends of d and the l’s mazes touching the ends. Also, I felt that the poster with the space gave more room, and considering the next project, I felt that that image was better.

Also, Law made a comment that it looked blurry, so I looked at it again, to figure out what was the problem.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s