M&P: Project002: Finals Edits

This was my sketch for my abstract editing. I wanted to make the lips come out of the tail of the text box, but to keep true to how the text box looks on text and make a good shape, wasn’t working, so I changed it to making the lips a text message sent.

I changed the abstract again, because there was a comment that the original abstract wasn’t clear, so it wold be better if it was just saying communicate as a text message, which is actually somewhat ironic, now that I think about it:

Process_Text.jpgsmaller_1

This is my working process, At first I thought to keep it with lines going across, to show that it was threads, like how I did the local majlis, but then decided to fill it in:

smaller_10smaller_9

I had to fill it in a bit on photoshop, however, because the paper was ripping slightly, so I just filled in a bit of the white spaces.

smaller_12


And because I was planning to create the background texture more prominently, I had to edit out the strings:

smaller_15smaller_13

I fixed some alignment issues:

smaller_14smaller_11


Because the texture wouldn’t show up, when I printed the normal scan version, I had to edit the string out and place it onto another scan of the texture, but the texture was scaled and scanned at a higher percentage, so that the texture would be more apparent:

screen-shot-2016-11-08-at-9-11-54-pmscreen-shot-2016-11-08-at-9-10-55-pm

But, then there was this slight gradient, so I had to change the section of white:

screen-shot-2016-11-08-at-9-11-05-pm

Then, I color corrected, because the printer was printing a strange mixture of yellow and blueish colors of white within the same print.

screen-shot-2016-11-08-at-9-11-12-pm


There were many color problems:

smaller_5smaller_2smaller_3

This is a color comparison, I tried changing the levels a bit, and the one that had the best consistency, was the one on the left.

smaller_


There was also the inevitable boogers:

smaller_4


And when I thought I was almost there… someone left a water bottle open and woosh! al;shf;ashogj. -.-

smaller_8


Either way, I printed again and cut, and I was fascinated that I put too much pressure and broke off the tip of the blade:

smaller_7smaller_6

There was also some yellow on the printer, so it came off on the paper, but I don’t think it visibly affected the image:

smaller_


I think this process really made me consider working back and forth between the digital and the analogue. I should test how things look when printing a texture. Also, technically, I could’ve sewn down one line, then repeated it to create the rest of the phone. It would’ve been a much simpler process, possibly.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s