When we were told to choose a book, movie, or music album, I for one reason or other really wanted to do a music album, but I couldn’t find one that talked about something I was interested in.
Therefore, I began to think about my favorite books or movies, being the hunger games and Mulan consecutively. I chose to do the hunger games, simply because it opened itself up for more topics that I was interested in.
These are my four A3’s, that I brainstormed on, for the hunger games:
I even looked up websites online, for some concepts that they believed were representative, just in case I forgot something, that’s where I got things like schadenfreude.
- Mockingjay – Spies – Mutation – Backfired
- Double Suicide – Winning game itself – reprecurssions & Appearance – image is everything
- Districts – Capitol, separation – category – role – hierarchy
- Reaping/Drafting – Selection, volunteer, force, sacrifice, tribute – to the capitol
- The Hunger Games itself
- Honor or not? – Society and class – money changes how you see world – glory and fame?
- Schadenfreude (happiness from others’ misfortue – arena – blood lust
- Reminder – capitol’s mercy
- Entertain – people forced to watch
- Intentional/planned – becomes norm
- Freedom – expression – punishment, restriction, propaganda & non-existent – mistrust of one another